Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 9 – letter C - CULLING

As we cleanse, we need to release those old things that are no longer valued or needed.

My day began with my Toss, Save, Not Sure, and Put Away boxes around me. I was tackling ONE of the To Do piles that have accumulated in my office. I hate to think how many boxes of quickly cleared papers and other things I have awaiting me on this mission. That was my old method of cleaning.

“Company's coming!”
“Quick! Grab a box and run through the house. Toss everything in it that looks out of place!”

Do any of you have that habit? It would not be so bad if when the company left I dealt with it, but not me. Oh no. Out of sight, out of mind.

And so, over time the piles, the boxes, the bags of untended items has grown.

This morning, with the alarm set for an hour, a small pile disappeared and the collection in one of the boxes began to diminish. Unfortunately there were magazines en route. Even though I KNOW this is not appropriate during a cleanse, I must admit I did flip through several of them. (After all, I had to know if I needed them for research, right?)

Perhaps tomorrow I wil be more dedicated to the task at hand, but for today, I'm happy with the recycling pile that is growing in my blue box.

By the way, I apologize for not blogging yesterday. It was one of those work all day, meeting at night kind of days. It happens to us all. I hope you forged ahead without me. I've heard a few of your success stories...shredded files, clean closets. Good for you. Keep sharing the victories. It adds to the pleasure of achievement to be able to brag a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment