Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 7 – letter V - VARIETY

You may have noticed that I did not post to this blog yesterday. As a Christian, I like to keep my Sundays for things other than work: church, time with those who are close to me, going out for a meal with friends.

Yesterday afternoon, I had the opportunity to sing one of my ballads as part of a Valentines Cabaret put on by the Stratford Concert Choir. It was a great event, giving the audience and choir members a chance to hear the individual skills of the people with whom we regularly sing. As a fairly new member of the choir, I was thrilled to hear the wonderful voices, the different genres chosen, the poetic humour, the comic acting ability of those fellows who often just get to show their serious side, and in the silent auction to see the artistic and handcraft skills of others. It was an opportunity to marvel once again at how we are all created uniquely with our own special gifts.

That brings me back to the issue of cleansing my clutter. As I approach this task I need to realize that I am one of those people gifted with creativity ... and a short attention span! Hence, today's topic, Variety.

If you find yourself getting bored with a cleaning routine, just mix it up a bit. For example, for this morning's 27 Boogie Fling (flylady.com), I decided to focus my boogie on putting away 27 things. I amazed myself to discover a duster in my hand. After I had put things away and revealed the beautiful oak on of one of my antique peices of furniture, the dust was so evident I just had to deal with it! So 27 things are put away, and all of my oak pieces in that room are now dusted. Because my kitchen and bathroom are staying relatively tidy now due to the “put away what you use” philosophy, I have time to get out for a walk in today's beautiful sunshine before I come back to try another half-hour attack on my office.

I was thinking as I write how simple this all seems. Why could I not do it without this creative cleansing blog? I guess I need that sense of accountability. So thank you, my readers, for the role you are playing in helping me along this path. Here's wishing you a great day, and praying that you also will breathe a little easier and smile a little more as you view your domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment