Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 6 – letter I - INVESTIGATE

Not having a lot of time today, it seemed right to choose one drawer to investigate, the notorious Junk Drawer. Most people seem to have one, if not two or three, or one in every room ( like you-know-who)!

Deciding to tackle the kitchen drawer, I set my alarm for 10 minutes and started pulling. How can one possibly collect so many plastic bags; big ones, little ones, fat ones, thin ones? Whoever thought I would need five rolls of scotch tape, two flashlights with dead batteries, or all those elastics; big ones, little ones, fat ones, thin ones? It was rather depressing to see what had collected there.

A half hour later (yes, I miscalculated!) with enough twist ties to build a small sculpture organized once again, and the elastics of many colours draped over a pill bottle in the corner of the drawer, I ended this phase of the cleanse with a smile on my face. And tomorrow when I go to find a sandwich bag, I will smile once again.

Take time to investigate, one spot at a time, and enjoy those little feelings of victory when you master even one corner of your castle. Yahoo! We're making headway.

No comments:

Post a Comment