Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 3 - Letter E - ENJOY

A beautiful sunny day here in the snow belt of southwestern Ontario, it seems like a day built to enjoy.

That is the word for today. ENJOY!

I am still trying to persuade myself that dealing with clutter can be an enjoyable process, but as I sat up in bed and admired my clutter-free windowsill, and turned my eyes to my newly cleansed dresser top, I was flooded with a sense of “Yes! This is good!” So good in fact, that before I left the bedroom I had cleared off the top of the washstand.

I porbably should explain, in case some of you modern homedwellers are wondering how I could possibly accumulate stuff on my window sill, that I live in the mainfloor of a grand old home built in 1870. Its wide windowsills are perfect for wintering my plants, but also for collecting books, magazines, and other assorted paraphenalia!

A newsletter from an inspirational site, www.simpletruths.com, arrived with an article called, Did You Eat Your Frog Today? It refers to a book called Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy. In one chapter he discusses the 80/20 principle. Basically it was a creative call to tackle the most important tasks first, those tasks on which we tend to procrastinate, because they are the hardest and most complex. It was a great little article and I strongly recommend taking a moment in your day to read it. Maybe not now if you were all geared up to tackle something else; I wouldn't want to be the cause of procrastination in anyone else's life. Being responsible for my own is quite enough, thank you.

So, here I sit, procrastinating perhaps, but gearing myself up to enjoy my day. This is my big ministry day, when I direct an after-school program for about 80 kids from theschool next door to our church. I know that preparing for that will take a big junk of my time today. But I will do my boogie fling (see yesterday's blog) and I will take a 15 minute bite out of my frog (my office paperwork), maybe more if I can find another chunk of time.

So here's to you. Here's to conquering our mountain of clutter. Here's to enjoying your day!

This is the day that the Lord has made. May He bless you in all you do.

3 comments:

  1. Here's rooting for you, Helen, and hoping you inspire a bunch of us along the way. A journey taken together is more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am familiar with Flylady, but never had much success with her personally. I know other people for whom her sister worked wonders, however, so I hope you are one of them for the long-term. Today I plan to tackle my filing in 15-minute spurts. 15 minutes now, 15 minutes when I get home from work this afternoon, and 15 minutes tonight. Manageable chunks will make things more enjoyable, I think. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete