Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 21 - YEARLY, SEASONAL, MONTHLY, WEEKLY?

During a couple of seminars that I attended recently, the speakers mentioned goal setting. Last night, I read an article from a January magazine (yes, I am still back in January in some of my magazines!). It was all about New Year's Resolution, and how this author decided not to make any but rather to live with resolve day by day. Interesting food for thought when applied to my clutter.

In the house there could be benefits in breaking down the tasks, just like we do our goals. Today let's focus on one yearly task.

I happen to be involved in a couple of organizations with minutes, agendas, etc. I am TRYING to keep these on the computer now, but I still tend to collect things at the meetings and bring them home to join the pile. Once a year it would be a good idea for me to cull what I really don't need to keep. I have decided that now is the perfect time, because the meeting season is winding down for summer. If I do it now, when it all starts again in September I'll be ready with a tidy file system . And maybe, just maybe, the effort that it is going to take to do it this year will teach me to cull as I go in the future!

So why not grab your resolve and join me in a paper purge!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Helen.

    This is garbage and recycle pickup day in Kitchener.
    My husband came into my office to collect garbage and recycling things. My paper shredder box was packed. I mean jammed.

    I've been doing the same thing as you. Expired notes, old meeting minutes... but not warm fuzzy notes. I keep a small file of those for days when things aren't going well, and some of those are on my computer.
    Carolyn Wilker

    ReplyDelete