Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 16 – letter N – "No! Not now!"

“No! Not now!” my mind pleads with me whenever I think about retackling the clutter in my office. “You have so many other things to do. This whole process is such a pain!”

Like a whiny teenager it goes on and on reminding me of deadlines looming, articles that I want to write and marketing tools needing to be prepared. It comes down to the battle of dividing my time between the urgent, the necessary, and my long-term goals.

Some days my clutter-busting goals win the battle. For example this week I went through all my bathroom cupboards, threw out a lot of outdated products, rearranged things to a more convenient place, and added a huge check mark on my list of to-dos in this process! I transferred the now unneeded shelving unit to my office closet. With a new home for them in sight, I took inventory and organized my CD's that are still waiting to be sold. Instead of carboard boxes on the closet floor, I now have a neater and more efficient arrangement for that part of my career. This is good, and encouraging.

Some days though, it seems like I am in survival mode, just trying to maintain what I have done so far. Spring arrived this past week with temperatures around 15 C. My cat is not the only one in this household with Spring Fever! Being an avid gardener I am just itching to get my hands in the mud. Good thing it snowed again last night. I don't want to rush the process out there. I am recognizing though that my timeline for indoor cleansing is shortening. Soon the garden will call and I will be lost to indoor activities unless it rains.

So when my brain howls, “No! Not now!” I need to remember my long term goal. Even if I don't feel like it, the answer must be, “Carpe Diem. Now IS the time!”

No comments:

Post a Comment