Sunday, June 27, 2010

Upended by Natural Disaster

As you my know, we had an earthquake in Ontario last week, just a bit of a tremor in our area. In fact I didn't even feel it, although my neighbour and some of my friends did.

"What does this have to do with decluttering?" you ask.

A friend who was visiting walked into my office to check something on the computer. "What happened in here?" he asked.

It appears that the earthquake had had just enough power to bring a 2 shelf bookcase and all its contents tumbling from the wall - magazines, papers, books, too much I guess. I remember when we put it up a couple of years ago that we had only found one firm stud. I live in an old house built in 1870 and its innards are certainly not up to the present code of bracing every so many inches. So now, aside from my normal clutter, I had piles of books and papers lying all over the floor and desk, along with a hole in the wall!

Hopefully this "natural disaster" will help me make more progress in my office. I had been thinking for a while that I had too much on that shelf unit. So, the sorting has begun, and once more I am on the path to organization. At least that is the dream...

1 comment:

  1. I was in the Alaska earthquake back in the '60s...scary.

    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become a follower as well.

    ReplyDelete