Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 25 - Letter O – Oh, No! Not Again!

This whole decluttering concept seems a little like getting stuck in a revolving door. You get in your little corner and push away, but you never seem to be able to get out! At least that is how I've been feeling lately.

Once more my office has its piles of paper. I am, on the whole, keeping on top of the rest of the house to the point where, within a half hour or so, it can be quite presentable. The problem is that, more often than I care to admit, when I am tidying those other areas, my paper clutter from there makes its way in here. So I sit with piles...by the computer, on my desk, on my table. When will I ever learn?

I need to figure out how to get my toe out the door enough to stop it from spinning. In the meantime, I can just shut the office up and bask in the deluttered state of the rest of the house.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I was able to encourage you to keep posting, at least for a short time, Helen. I apologize for falling down on the job, though, and not commenting here for a while. I'm afraid I let my own clutter get away from me again and got discouraged. My office is a messy place, too, and I tend to have papers scattered throughout the house, but my hubby and I are working together to try, once again, to get things under control. (He is the worst for just tossing things in my office, though!). Right now we are working on our former "classroom" (we homeschooled for a while) and "playroom" (too messy to actually play in!). It is coming along.

    I did find a solution to the problem of using the dining room table as a place to drop things, though. Just keep it set for a meal at all times! This has worked well for us over the last month.

    Hope to see you posting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan. We really do need to encourage opne another. I am glad you are making progress. I actually have managed to keep certain areas pretty tidy, and need to pat myself on the back for that. As to the rest, I'm off to slay the dragon again!

    ReplyDelete